Friday, February 10, 2006

The straight dope

Two odd things read this week:
1. Headline on a National Enquirer seen at the grocery store Tuesday, paraphrased: "O.J. Simpson spotted in hotel room with prostitutes at 1 a.m." I seem to recall the headline mentioning that these prostitutes were also she-males, but I may be misremembering it. At any rate, I find it odd that the time needs to be mentioned. It's almost like the time is the scandalous part of the scandal, not the hookers. Oh dear, what a lewd and lascivious hour to be banging a ho. If it had been 3 a.m., I would have understood, but 1:00? I'm outraged.
2. Last sentence of instructions for an iron-on patch, from the back of a box of Honey Nut Cheerios: "Do not iron while wearing the shirt."

1 comment:

Old Stallion said...

Honey Nutz Cherry-OHHs!