Monday, April 18, 2005

Washbots

I was sort of half-listening to the news while looking at job listings on the Internet, and overheard a report about robots performing surgery. Then I overheard this phrase: "Robo scrub nurse." Boop. Robo Scrub Nurse ready to scrub you. Boop. Beep.

Reading: Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris (This book is pleasant enough, but I'm a little underwhelmed. The way people talk about this guy, I was expecting to have 200 laughgasms per page. What am I missing?)

5 comments:

Old Stallion said...

I prefer your website to David Sedaris. Not just in terms of entertainment but in terms of existence. I prefer a world in which your website exists and he is dead, to a world without your website but with his life intact.

Plop Blop said...

Agreed.

Plop Blop said...

I've never been all that impressed with the guy. He's kind of funny. That's great. So what.

Anonymous said...

Additionally, I think the Capital Steps have been lackluster lately. I'm sure it's hard to find something to rhyme with "Schiavo," but "Queef-Largo" is decidedly pedestrian.

Josh Krauter said...

The Capital Steps have totally lost their edge. I fondly remember the days when Bill Clinton's cigar and the antics of Judge Ito supplied seconds of jocularity. What happened to the near-smiles, guys? What happened to the near-smiles?