Monday, October 18, 2004

Watched movies

Guess what? I watched more movies this weekend. Guess what else? I'm not really in the mood to write about them, so, for the first time ever, I'm turning this blog over to an outside writer-- my friend, Over-Enthusiastic Tony. Take it away, Tony!

Wow! I can't believe I'm really on the Internet! I watched some movies last weekend with my pal, Josh! Holy shit, here's what we watched! Yippee! Or, since we're talking about movies, I should say Yippee-kai-yay motherfucker! Bruce Willis! Die Hard! Movies! Whoo!
Scene of the Crime (Andre Techine) Scene-riffic! Crime-tastic! Catherine Deneuve is one sexy older lady! Josh thought Techine's earlier film, "Rendez-vous" was dumb! Cool out, Josh! It's really hard to make a movie! Focus on the positives, why don't you, Negative Nelly! Then you can become a Positive Pete! Josh liked this one a lot more, but he still had a few bad things to say! As for me, I thought it was cinematic dynamite! And it was a French movie, so I learned a lot about the country of France and that crazy language they speak! What a riot!
Hail Mary (Jean-Luc Godard) Hail-riffic! Mary-tastic! I learned even more about France! I was very confused by this movie! That means it's art! Hooray for art! Art makes our world a nicer place to live and prettifies our country's rest stops and museums! French ladies in movies often take their clothes off! Europeans are more comfortable with nudity than us Americans! All I say to that is, knock yourselves out, sexy French ladies! I give this movie an 11 out of a possible 10! The video tape also included a short film, The Book of Mary (Anne-Marie Mieville)! I call that a bargain! Value for money, my friends, value for money!
The Third Man (Carol Reed) Third-riffic! Man-tastic! Orson Welles! Joseph Cotten! Vienna! Penicillin! Ferris wheels! Sewer chases! Fingers through grates! Put it together and what do you have? Cinematic gold!
Martin (George A. Romero) Martin-riffic! Martin-tastic! Vampires are scary! It's almost Halloween! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! I love Halloween! See you later, guys and ghouls! Ha ha ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah! Back to you, Josh!

Thanks, Over-Enthusiastic Tony. To those of you wanting my opinions on the films this week, let me quickly say that I liked all five, especially the last two, though I had reservations about the first one. I liked "Martin" even more than I did the first time I saw it, five years ago.

2 comments:

Spacebeer said...

You'd think it might be irritating to watch movies with Over-Enthusastic Tony, but its not. Its great! Its Fan-riffic! Its Ter-tastic! He is welcome on our couch any time.

Also, I loved Martin. I love love love love vampire movies, as many of you know from my drunken babblings about my favorite vampire movies of all time. Particularly vampire movies where you don't really know if the person is a vampire or not. If you haven't heard this exhuberant monologue, buy me several beers and then make the briefest of mentions of vampires and/or movies, and I'll probably get started. Love them.

Plop Blop said...

I have to agree with Tony on the Third Man. It is one of my favorite movies. I watch it at work constantly. That zither music is awesome, and Graham Greene (who adapted the screenplay from one of his novellas) said that the movie was better than his book. Also, I like it.