Friday, January 27, 2006

My life amounts to less than eight pieces of shit

Do you ever just admit to yourself, after 14 months of unemployment, while you're driving way out in the suburbs to your two-day temporary freelance editing gig at some huge ugly hellhole of a corporation, on the same day that someone who told you they were going to hire you for a pretty decent job sheepishly and embarrassedly recanted after interviewing someone with years' more experience, after the mother of all depressive breakdowns, after saying something stupid to your wife that made everyone cry, after half-seriously contemplating some hippy shit like hopping trains or walking from Austin to Mexico barefoot with only twelve pounds of mescaline and a bologna sandwich for company, that "I really fucking wish I was Ray Davies right now."

I am not even failing stylishly. This is not the life I envisioned.

6 comments:

Josh Krauter said...

On second thought, does anyone get the life they envision? My journey of self-discovery begins anew each morning, friends! Somehow, this journey always arrives at the same destination: drunk.

Spacebeer said...

You also made me throw a package of tortillas across the room. Luckily I wasn't cooking swordfish, am I right?

casual ninja said...

i wish you were ray smuckles right now.

any man who can bring such joy to the world in flyer form should not be unemployed. it is a sin against man and nature.

Anonymous said...

or at least a crime against humanity. i think they gave the jews some land or something when a similar thing happened to them. ask for land. i think you should have some land.

Anonymous said...

I think "they" gave the goys a little something too, for their troubles.

Josh Krauter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.