Sunday, March 27, 2005

Who's hot, who's not

These dudes are awesome: Mike Watt and Mark E. Smith
These dudes are not awesome: Henry Kissinger and David Schwimmer

Currently reading: Herzog on Herzog edited by Paul Cronin
I like me some Herzog movies.
Favorite paragraph from the book so far (Herzog talking about why there are so many odd, peripheral shots of animals in his films): "Years ago I was searching for the biggest rooster I could find and I heard about a guy in Petaluma, California, who had owned a rooster called Weirdo that weighed thirty pounds. Sadly Weirdo had passed away, but his offspring were alive, and guess what? They were even bigger. I went out there and found Ralph, son of Weirdo, who weighed an amazing thirty-two pounds! Then I found Frank, a special breed of miniature horse that stood less than two feet high. I told Frank's owner I wanted to film Ralph chasing Frank - with a midget riding him - around the biggest sequoia tree in the world, thirty meters in circumference. It would have been amazing because the horse and the midget together were still smaller than Ralph, the rooster. But unfortunately Frank's owner refused. He said it would make Frank, the horse, look stupid."

I watched these movies:
On the big screen: Kikoku (Takashi Miike)
On video:
The Man Who Laughs (Paul Leni)
Van Gogh (Maurice Pialat)
Pee-Wee's Big Adventure (Tim Burton)
The Oak (Lucian Pintilie)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched C.H.U.D.