Thursday, July 29, 2004

Spam scam

Here's a ridiculous e-mail scam I received yesterday:
"Dear Beloved of the lord ,Calvery Greetings in the precious name of our lord and saviour who has both save and delivered us from the power of darkness and have translated us into the kingdom of his dear son to him be the glory for ever  .How are you hope you are keeping healthy,permitte me to ask you if you are in full time ministerial work in the vine yard service or having been involed in any thing as related to service of humanity?is your ministry into humaniterian activities? .
Let me hasten to introduce myself as Mrs Angela Roberto Di Leo,I am married to Mr.Reberto Di Leo an Italian based in Togo,who until his death was a timber export marchant here in the republic of Togo. It's a sorrowful thing to say that he died in a fatal motor accident alongside  with our only son on the 19th of may 2003, while cominig back from a business meeting.(God knows best).and to him alone shall all flesh come . When my husband was alive,He deposited his life's savings (u.s $18.3 million) with a bank here in the republic of Togo, with my name as the next of kin. As God may have it, recently i was diagonised of liver cancer, and the doctors said i have just six months to live.In view of my condition, and the fact that i have nobody to leave this money behind for, with the exception of my husband people who are not  Christains and are quite inconsiderate ,Therefore i decided to donate this money to either a living Church or a humaniterian organization that will use this money in propagating the good massage and also taking care of the orphans,widows, and the needy generally.( prov.19:17 ).By so doing,i would have succeded in immortalising the names of my late Husband and my only Son. Beloved,though i am sick and dying, i am not afraid of death because i know were i am going.My soul has found a resting place in the handsome bossom of the lord. As soon as i receive your reply in your readiness to help handle this fund and properly use it for the purpose for which it has been design ,i will give you the contact of the bank and all the legal documents that would warrant the transfer of the fund to you. please understand that this massage requires urgency as my ill-health demands, any delay in your response will  give me room to contact other person,i also want an assurance that you will use this fund for the purpose i have stated here.Hope to hearing from you. Remain blessed Mrs Angela Roberto Di Leo."

I decided to have a little fun with this one instead of simply deleting it. Here's our first round of correspondence.
My reply: 
"Hello dear friend, I am glad you have expressed interest in the Church of Satan. I will send you some fine pamphlets. Satan will provide. Hail Satan. Sincerely, Humberto Crowley"

She wrote me back today. Check it out:
"Tell me about the church and your activities, i also want to know if you are involved in any humaniterian activities. And how you are going to control these money.
Angela."

More later.

2 comments:

Spacebeer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Spacebeer said...

You should check out www.scamorama.com -- its scam-o-rific!